Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

Hey guys!

 So I'm finally moved! And of course just my luck it was the rainiest week in Tallahassee history, well in my opinion. The sun finally reappeared yesterday and I'm hoping it doesn't rain for a long time. My Nana said Good Morning America reported that Tallahassee was the rainiest place in all of the United States last week but she also said 300 people died in that plane crash in San Francisco when only 2 did...so I'm unsure about how accurate her facts are.

But anyway, the first day of our move Brian and I woke up at 6 am to get started. He went to get the U-Haul around 7 and I went to our new place to vacuum the carpets one last time before all the big furniture got there with the dogs. So the dogs are sniffing and smelling around and Izzy goes to the door which signals that she needs to go out, and of course its raining. Our front door has a screen door and then the wood door behind that, so I open up both doors and close only the screen door behind me. Izzy and Ryder do their business and I turn around and a snake is going under my screen door into my nice and newly vacuumed house. I just start screaming and freaking out, and let me remind you this is at probably 7:15 am on a Saturday, its raining, I'm in a new neighborhood with new neighbors and I'm screaming bloody murder. I mean honestly, what the hell was I going to do with a snake that was like 2 feet long and had black diamonds on its' back. So here I am standing in the rain with two dogs and can't go inside because a snake could come out at any moment. So naturally I call my wonderful boyfriend and tell him to turn around immediately and get this snake out of our house. As I'm waiting the snake starts to slither across my dining room and I was able to snap this shot of it

Yeah..not okay. Like why does this stuff happen to me? Anyway, so the snake is heading towards my kitchen and I'm just praying it doesn't go under the stove or the fridge. I'm pretty sure I started talking to it at this point to turn around. My neighbors probably think I'm completely insane. It ended up going in the pantry and in comes Brian to save the day. He gets a moving box and a metal sign that says "Seminole National Championship 93 and 99" and gets the snake into the box with it only lurching at him once to bite. He put the entire box in the yard and didn't touch it until his friend Brent came and opened it up and the snake had gotten out somewhere. I've never been so thankful to live with a guy. So in all, it was a great way to start moving in.

The rest of the day went semi-smoothly with me only getting mad at Brian once. I expected to get  mad more times  because I have a tendency to be very controlling when it comes to tasks, such as moving. I like it my way or no way at all. I'm working on that but it's hard!

I have been decorating and crafting up a storm but I will leave those for another post because I am still figuring out where everything is going, because honestly I feel like the decorating never ends. But first I want to show you what my wonderful mother did for Brian and me. Remember how I said she can make flowers out of a burlap sack well here's what I'm talking about...

Here is a dining room table she found for $99 at a thrift shop


 And here is what she transformed it into with chalk paint and new fabric

(Izzy photo bomb)
I couldn't be happier with how it came out! The centerpiece is still a work in progress. But the table is beautiful and fits perfectly. I can't wait to paint the rooms and decorate more but that will have to wait until another day, aka my next pay check.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs